Saturday, April 2, 2016

paleo granola

Does anyone else bring measure cups to the grocery store with them because I totally do. 1/4 cup of this nut and a 1/2 cup of this nut, I don't want to have to buy big bags of all these different nuts. I'm sure I'd use them eventually but I like having the exact amount so I'm not tempted to eat the leftovers or have bags of nuts sitting in my cupboard. So I bring my measure cups to the bulk bins and portion out what I need. Works for me!






Paleo Granola


Ingredients:

1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw pecans
1/4 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/4 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw honey (I used clover)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp sea salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Place the nuts and coconut shreds in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times to break into small pieces.
2. Warm up the coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla extract in a microwave safe dish for about 30 seconds or until warm. Stir to combine, then add the nut/coconut mixture and stir until everything is fully coated.
3. Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
4. Cool for about 20-30 minutes or until fully hardened, and then break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.





No comments:

Post a Comment