Sunday, February 21, 2016

super green smoothie

I could start each post saying the exact same thing about the recipe. "I found this recipe, love it and can't stop thinking about it." That's the basic story for me and food. If it's delicious, I can't stop thinking about it.

I love smoothies and wanted to get more greens into my day. Normally I'm a chocolate person but I love the tangy-tart feel of this recipe. Once again I find myself having one every morning and then sad I have to wait until the next day to have another. So very yummy!

It seems like a lot of ingredients and time consuming but I cut up everything and add the dry stuff to my ninja at night, put it in the fridge and add the wet and frozen ingredients in the am.

I had one this morning. I want another one....


 

Super Green Smoothie

Ingredients

1 cup spinach or torn kale leaves
1 cup torn romaine leaves
½ cup chopped cucumber
1/2 pear, cored and chopped
1 banana, preferably frozen
1/2 cup water or coconut water
1/4 cup of fresh mint
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
½ lemon, juiced
½ tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 tablespoon ginger
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of turmeric
pinch of cayenne, optional

Directions:

Blend ingredients together until smooth.




Original Recipe by The Green Fork


No comments:

Post a Comment