Sunday, February 1, 2015

creamy sun-dried tomato chicken pasta

Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
I'm married to a man who thinks that eating is an inconvenience to his day. There are so many things he'd rather do or think about so when meal time comes around he's not terribly excited for the interruption. I cannot fathom this way of life. I love eating! My day is organized by breakfast, lunch and dinner. If I wasn't thinking about food, what else would I think about?



Amazingly enough, since I started cooking more he's come around to enjoying food rather than it being a bother. I think it's because he used to live on chicken nuggets and corn dogs before we met.

After making this recipe his response was, "Oh my goodness. This is amazing. I want this in my stomach again. My belly is happy. This just got added to my list of favorites." I think I can mark this up to a success!

I hope it makes your belly happy!

Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:

1 spaghetti squash
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
4 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes (in oil or dry), diced small
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced small
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon red pepper
½ teaspoon dried basil
¾ cup canned coconut milk
½ – 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
parsley, to garnish
black pepper to taste

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, scoop out seeds and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until threads are easy to removed from squash. (Note: Don't over bake or your squash will be a pile of mush and it might make you cry. Not that I've ever cried over mushy squash.)

Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a pan and turn to medium-low heat. Once warm, add garlic and shallots. Cook until garlic is fragrant.

Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add chicken, salt, red pepper & basil. Cook until chicken is fully cooked.

Add sun-dried tomato mixture back to the pan, pour in the coconut milk & mix together.

Add in spaghetti squash threads and mix well. Turn heat to low and let simmer for about 8-10 minutes, or until mixture reduces and thickens. Add more salt if needed.

Toast pine nuts in a small saute pan over medium heat until fragrant and golden.

Garnish pasta dish with pine nuts, parsley & black pepper.

Feed to your loved ones and make their belly's happy!

Serves 4 | Calories 309

Original recipe is from Juli Bauer at Paleomg.com

1 comment:

  1. This seems pretty easy! Could be a nice change up for the rice dishes I've been making as of lately.

    ReplyDelete