Saturday, January 24, 2015

pizza spaghetti pie

I came across this recipe for "pizza" and gave it a shot. I love pizza but I usually end up tired, eating more slices than I should and feeling guilty about how much I ate. I am also trying to stay away from cheese and this is cheese free!

This recipe is easy to make and I usually double it up so my husband and I are set for 4 dinners.

I think it tastes super duper yummy, so I'm passing it on to you!

Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients:

        1 large spaghetti squash (about 600 grams)
        1 pound turkey
        ½ yellow onion, diced
        15 oz pizza sauce (no sugar added) or tomato sauce
        1-1.5 tbsp Italian seasoning
        1 teaspoon dried basil
        salt and pepper, to taste
        3 eggs, whisked
        1 cup broccoli florets
        1 cup mushrooms, sliced
        1/2 cup olives, sliced
        (optional: additional toppings of your choice)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut a spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle.
Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes.

While the squash is in the oven, place a large pan over medium heat and add turkey (break up pieces), Italian seasoning and onions and cook until no pink remains. Add pizza sauce or tomato sauce, dried basil, salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.

Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in an 8×8 greased baking dish. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.

Add meat/onion mixture to the 8×8 dish and mix well with spaghetti squash threads. Whisk eggs and add to the baking dish mixing everything together until you can no longer see the eggs. Add in broccoli, mushrooms and olives and mix well.

Place in oven and bake between 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust.

Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Serves 4

Inspiration from Paleomg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment