Thursday, October 8, 2015

oven chicken fajitas

I've been struggling with a bulged disk in my back these last few weeks which has me searching for easy dinners to make. My husband only knows how to make tacos and turkey burgers and while I enjoy those things, I need some variety in my meals or I will go crazy. This is a very simple and easy dish to make that doesn't require a lot of time to put together. I especially like that I can cut everything into strips which makes for fast preparation before baking. You can serve it with cilantro, avocado and lime for some extra flavor.



Oven Chicken Fajitas

Servings: 4

Ingredients:
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne powder
2 tsp sea salt
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 medium red onion, sliced
1/4 cup melted butter, coconut oil or ghee

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 F. In a small bowl, mix spices and salt. Place the chicken, peppers and onion in a cast iron pan or 9x13 baking dish. Pour melted butter over dish, sprinkle with seasoning and mix well. Bake for 30-35 or until chicken is cooked through.

Original recipe from Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook. 



1 comment: