Thursday, June 25, 2015

banana bread

Banana Bread - Paleo
I like recipes with minimal steps where I can add it all to my food processor and have something delicious come out. I also like having an option for my ripe banana's sitting on the counter.

This one is delicious and simple. I have trouble keeping myself from eating half the loaf in one sitting.

I like to try paleo recipes from time to time so you will see some ingredients that you might not have in your house such as coconut flour and  flaxseed meal. You can easily find them in the health section of the grocery store and are not super expensive if you are up for trying them. I like to use flaxseed in my breakfast smoothies so the ingredients will not go to waste!

This recipe come from Meghan Little and Angel Ayala Torres in their cookbook  The Paleo Effect.

Banana Bread (Paleo)

Makes 1 loaf

Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
2 eggs
1/3 cup golden flaxseed meal
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
optional almonds, walnuts or chocolate chips


    Cooking Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.

    In a food processor, add the bananas, honey, applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla, lemon juice, eggs and mix.

    Add in remaining dry ingredients and mix until well blended.

    Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Cover with foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.

    Suggestion: Top with almonds or walnuts or try adding chocolate chips into your mix. 


    The original recipe comes from Meghan Little and Angel Ayala Torres.
     


    No comments:

    Post a Comment