Sunday, May 29, 2016

strawberry rhubarb crisp (paleo)

I received rhubarb in my CSA this year which was fun since I've never made anything with rhubarb before. I've had rhubarb torte in the past but really only liked it for the sugar topping and since I do my best not to eat sugar these days, I needed to find a healthier recipe. I did find this on the sweeter side so I may make it with less honey in the future but for people who like a sweeter desert, this is up your alley!

 

 

 

 

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

Serves: 8
Ingredients:

For the filling
2 cups rhubarb, diced
2 cups strawberries, diced
1 tsp lemon juice
5 tbsp honey
a pinch of salt
1½ tbsp arrowroot powder (this acts like cornstarch).

For the crumbles
½ cup chopped pecans
¾ cups almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup honey
4 tbsp coconut oil

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a large mixing bowl, mix the strawberries, rhubard, lemon juice, honey, salt and arrowroot powder.

In a separate medium bowl, mix the pecans, flours, cinnamon, salt and honey. Melt the coconut oil and mix in until crumbs begin to form.

Grease an 8x8 baking dish and spoon the fruit filling in. Crumble the topping over the fruit.

Bake for 25 minutes until topping is browned and fruit is bubbling. Remove and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.


Original Recipes by Pinch of Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment